Дискуссионный Клуб Русского Медицинского Сервера
MedNavigator.ru - Поиск и подбор лечения в России и за рубежом
Старый 27.03.2005, 21:42
Myself Myself вне форума Пол мужской
Начинающий участник

Myself этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеMyself этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форуме
Post Probably it can be of some use...

Depressed doctors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr Chris Dowrick, Professor of General Practice, University of Liverpool, UK.

Contrary to popular mythology, doctors are not infallible omnicompetent superheroes. We have feet of clay. We get depressed too. In fact we are more likely to become depressed than most other professional groups. We experience the stresses and strains in our personal lives - illness, death and bereavement, failing relationships, (though not usually poverty or unemployment!) - which are known to engender periods of depression.

Medical practice constantly brings us face-to-face with pain and suffering, much of it insoluble. It is through experience, rather than any professional training or support, that we learn to come to terms with the limitations of what we can achieve. But it is often a traumatic process.

The past few years have seen a considerable increase in the range of duties and tasks we are expected to undertake - increasing emphases on health promotion and chronic disease management, pressure consequent on earlier discharges from inpatients beds - and an expansion in patients' expectations and demands on our time. Many doctors now wonder if they can cope with the demands made on them, are concerned at the pressures being placed on their families, and have considered giving up their chosen profession.

As doctors were are prepared to talk about 'burn out', and acknowledge that we ourselves may occasionally suffer from it - well, almost - or at least have a friend who has. But the boundaries between 'burn out' and depression are blurred, and may not even exist.

Ruth Chambers has suggested seven ways to stay on top of stress:

stop being a perfectionist
don't judge your mistakes too harshly
resist the desire to control everything
learn to decline extra committments
look after your own health and fitness
allow time for yourself and your family
don't be too proud to ask for help
For most of the time, these will be enough to maintain our mental health in reasonable working order.

But if you have talked to depressed patients about the way they feel and thought - 'Yes, that's exactly how I feel' - or filled in a mental health screening questionnaire and found yourself scoring very high on it - don't take the usual approach of dismissing your findings out of hand. You are probably depressed. You need some help for yourself.

You have several choices. You may wish to consult your own doctor (do you have one?), or a colleague in your own practice, or a friendly psychiatrist you happen to play golf with on Wednesday afternoons. In the UK you could contact the National Counselling Service for Sick Doctors (details are given below). It is not wise to try and treat yourself unaided, but it is immensely valuable to discuss how you feel with someone close to you. Remember, you have as much right to help and care as do any of your patients. It is part of the psychology of caring professionals that they often deny their own illnesses, but this is a dangerous strategy for the doctor, the doctor's family and the doctor's patients.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Counselling Service for Sick Doctors,
1, Park Square West,
London.
Tel: 0171-935-5982

Follow-up letter:
Sir,
Doctors healing themselves (or each other) is a thorny subject. Most Medical Schools seem to have little opportunity for counseling or psychiatric assistance, and the notion of needing help is often only one step away from jeopardizing one's license (at least in the United States).

In Florida, the Physicians' Recovery Network (PRN) has been an invaluable group of physicians and other health professionals who assist physicians in trouble. Unfortunately, the emphasis is often on alcohol- and other drug- abuse, and there is little emphasis on depressions and anxiety disorders. Most psychiatric colleagues work with one or more physician patients, but there has been little organized activity in identifying and treating depressive disorders in physicians. Applications for hospital staff membership still carry questions about treatment for mental illness or drug dependence that most physicians would rather lie about. The stigma of mental illness (including depressions and anxiety disorders) is just as prevalent in the medical professions as it is in the general population. The Physicians Recovery Network is located in Fernandina Beach, Florida. The phone number is 1-800-888-8766.

Do you know of any other schemes for GPs and other doctors in other countries? Please mailto:[Ссылки доступны только зарегистрированным пользователям ] and mark your mail 'resources for depressed doctors'.

Комментарии к сообщению:
yananshs одобрил(а):
Старый 28.03.2005, 05:33
 bill  bill вне форума
ВРАЧ

Поблагодарили 212 раз(а) за 131 сообщений
bill этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеbill этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеbill этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеbill этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеbill этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеbill этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеbill этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеbill этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеbill этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеbill этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеbill этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форуме
Вот и тема выгорания пожаловала

Цитата:
Сообщение от Myself

Ruth Chambers has suggested seven ways to stay on top of stress:

For most of the time, these will be enough to maintain our mental health in reasonable working order.
Хорошие советы - добрые....
Старый 28.03.2005, 08:33
aviator aviator вне форума Пол мужской
Начинающий участник

aviator *
Smile

Цитата:
Сообщение от bill
Пожалуйста перевидите на русский!!! оч прошу
Старый 28.03.2005, 22:47
Начинающий участник

Myself этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеMyself этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форуме
Smile

Цитата:
Сообщение от bill
Так "Хорошие - добрые...." или (embarrasment)?

Как правило, дело за малым, - выполнять их
Старый 30.03.2005, 12:53
alexshishka alexshishka вне форума ВРАЧ
Врач-участник форума

Поблагодарили 494 раз(а) за 463 сообщений
alexshishka этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеalexshishka этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеalexshishka этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеalexshishka этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеalexshishka этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеalexshishka этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеalexshishka этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеalexshishka этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеalexshishka этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеalexshishka этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форумеalexshishka этот участник имеет превосходную репутацию на форуме

Никто не стал переводить, попробую я:

Не старайся быть во всём совершенным
Не суди себя за ошибки слишком сурово
Сопротивляйся желанию всё держать под контролем
Научись не взваливать на себя лишние обязанности
Следи за собственным здоровьем и внешностью
Находи время для себя и для своей семьи
Не будь слишком гордым, когда нужно - проси о помощи
В большинстве случаев этого достаточно чтобы поддерживать умственное (психическое) здоровье и работоспособность

Комментарии к сообщению:
yananshs одобрил(а):
bill одобрил(а): спасибо, моега аглицкого хватает понять, но не перевести
Старый 30.03.2005, 17:20
aviator aviator вне форума Пол мужской
Начинающий участник

aviator *
Цитата:
Сообщение от alexshishka

Никто не стал переводить, попробую я:

Не старайся быть во всём совершенным
Не суди себя за ошибки слишком сурово
Сопротивляйся желанию всё держать под контролем
Научись не взваливать на себя лишние обязанности
Следи за собственным здоровьем и внешностью
Находи время для себя и для своей семьи
Не будь слишком гордым, когда нужно - проси о помощи
В большинстве случаев этого достаточно чтобы поддерживать умственное (психическое) здоровье и работоспособность
Спасибо за перевод!
Старый 02.04.2005, 22:21
Начинающий участник

“The way people in health professions think about physical illness has changed considerably in the past 10 to 20 years. The traditional view of physical illness as a purely biological phenomenon has given way to a biopsychosocial model of illness (Smilkstein, 1990). The biopsychosocial model holds that physical illness is caused by a complex interaction of biological, psychological, and sociocultural factors. This model does not suggest that biological factors are unimportant. It simply asserts that that these factors operate in a psychosocial context that is also influential.”

Цитата:
Ruth Chambers has suggested seven ways to stay on top of stress...
К этому хотелось бы добавить (по поводу стресса):
Суть того, как справиться со стрессом, не в том, чтобы избежать его, - это в принципе невозможно. (Да и … убери полностью стресс - мы вымрем; мы - результат эволюции, а периода без стресса, как в истории нашего вида, так и жизни вообще [По крайней мере в этом лучшем из миров], не только не было, но и вообразить не возможно.) "Contrary to public opinion, we must not - and indeed can't - avoid stress" - это из Hans Selye (1973).

Несколько работ на тему...

"Although researchers have tended to focus on the negative effects of stress, studies have shown that stress can lead to personal growth and self-improvement (Park, Cohen, Murch, 1996; Schaefer & Moos, 1992). Thus, most stress-management programs encourage people to confront stress rather than sidestep it. This requires training people to engage in action-oriented, rational, reality-based constructive coping.
People cope with stress in a variety of ways. This variety was apparent in a study by Carver, Scheier, and Weintraub (1989). They found that they could sort their subjects' coping tactics into 14 categories..."

И ещё несколько советов всё на ту же тему стресфульных ситуаций:

“…of course, it depends on the situation and my own state, …take stressful situation with
(1) some humor,
(2) try to understand what's really going on, - sometimes the situation itself is of no importance for me, but I bring the emotions from other situation/s into it, or my pride over some small unimportant matter,
(3) try to wait till tomorrow, - to have more calm mood to see it,
(4) try to understand others' (involved in the situation) motives and emotions,
(5) try to see it in a wider context,
(6) try to understand what I would have said and how I would have seen all this if somebody like me would bring this problem (meaning – it is his/her problem, and I am asked for advise) and ask for my help,
(7) try to remember that there were a lot of harder situations in my life and somehow I handled those,
(8) try to reformulate the problem, so I would see what to do with it,
(9) try to understand - is it the problem I can do something about, or I should just learn to live with, and
(10) if I can do something with it I do, (even if I would not succeed I would at least know that I did what I could, - there would be no regrets about not trying to do something in addition to the memory about it).”
Ответ